By 2023, we will be the world’s leading offshore renewable energy technology centre.
- We will have an additional 70 highly skilled employees, many delivering major programmes for high growth companies, from new centres of excellence such as Hull, Levenmouth in Fife, and South Wales.
- Four thriving academic research hubs will sustain 55 research positions, driving technology frontiers in close research partnerships with global OEMs and UK innovators.
- Our assets in Blyth and Levenmouth will have expanded, retaining their position as the world’s foremost open-access facilities and anchoring our global leadership in testing methodologies that replicate real-world conditions – a vital part of the journey to cheaper and more reliable energy generation. Further, these achievements will have secured our deep collaboration with overseas research and technology organisations, enabling them to link UK companies to their market leaders.
We are the UK’s leading technology innovation and research centre for offshore renewable energy.
Our strategy is to leverage our unique facilities and expertise to work in close partnership with the heavyweights of the offshore renewables industry – the
OEMs and other large industrials, the developers and owner/operators – to improve existing and develop next generation renewable energy technology in the UK. In so doing, we enable and support the development of a vibrant indigenous supply chain, provide a clear route to market for innovative new companies and technologies, and direct and pull through applied research from the UK’s world-leading academic base.
To execute this model, we have organised our business into three primary delivery functions:
- Operation & Performance works with owner/operators and OEMs in the area of Operations and Maintenance, driving improvement in the existing wind farm fleet, developing the UK’s capabilities and opportunity in this critical area of service delivery and enabling future global exports.
- Testing & Validation applies our expertise and assets to supporting technology development and demonstration with major industrial partners, technology innovatorsand the research community, delivering improvements to existing technology and driving the development of the next generation.
- Research & Innovation supports the development and commercialisation of future offshore renewable energy technologies through both applied research in collaboration with UK and international academia and via direct innovation to SMEs.
These are supported by our Professional Services and Marketing & Communications teams.
ORE Catapult will play a key role in delivering the UK’s largest clean growth opportunity, through our mission to accelerate the creation and growth of UK companies in the offshore renewable energy sector. We will use our unique facilities and research and engineering capabilities to bring together industry and academia and drive innovation in renewable energy.
Our Value Propositions
Owner Operators (OOs)
Independent partner able to convene the sector, with expertise and experience in reducing cost and risk associated with offshore renewable energy technology development and operations. Utilising our expertise in testing, validation and demonstration to de-risk the introduction of new technologies.
Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
A solutions provider – providing solutions to validate designs, manufacturing processes and product reliability through innovative test set-ups and test methodologies. Enabling clients to bring products to market earlier and with greater confidence. Validating OEM technologies, supporting incremental innovations and R&D programmes, setting challenges and providing innovative solutions.
SMEs and Agile Innovators
Expertise and advice, facilitating access to industry and funders, with world-leading facilities, to develop, de-risk and support the journey of bringing new technologies to market. Using our expertise in validation to support product development through early Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs).
Strategic partner with extensive industry knowledge, access, and world-leading test and demonstration facilities, supporting the journey from applied research to products and services for the offshore renewables sector.
Government & Devolved Administrations (DAs)
Sector leadership to focus and optimise the impact of the Government’s investment in offshore renewables. Independent, technical and sector expertise to support regional growth plans in offshore renewables.
Collaborator on research and development.
Address: Room 241, Wilberforce Building, University of Hull, Cottingham Road, Hull, HU6 7RX